Creators of aquatic centers have grand visions of letting the sky in to create a more natural, outdoorsy setting…or just let out the caustic chlorine. Our retractable roofs are particularly popular in water parks and aquatic centers because they let the fresh, dry air circulate in continuously, keeping the chemical smell of chlorine and moisture at bay. And of course, an OpenAire retractable roof lets swimmers enjoy the water all year round, allowing warm air and breezes in and keeping the cold and rain out – but always keeping the space bathed in natural light.
OpenAire designs, manufactures and installs retractable roof structures for aquatic centers. We work with architects, developers, construction contractors, consultants and other international clients throughout each stage of the design and construction process: from design inception, to manufacturing and installation, to project completion and hand-over.
Only Top Quality Materials Used
For aquatic center enclosures, OpenAire employs special extruded aluminum profiles made of structural alloy 6061 T6. The benefits of our thermally broken, all-aluminum framing include:
- Zero maintenance: Unlike steel framing, our maintenance-free, thermally broken aluminum framing system withstands moist, chemical aquatic atmospheres and never needs to be repainted.
- Energy efficiency: OpenAire special extruded thermally broken aluminum profiles reduce heat transfer through the structure. Thermal breaks and vapor barriers also control condensation.
- Lower life cycle costs: With a maintenance-free aluminum truss structure and a decreased dependence on artificial lighting, dehumidification and air conditioning, OpenAire structures cost less to operate and maintain, offering tremendous long-term value.
- Lightweight: Aluminum is much lighter in weight versus steel, which reduces the overall loads on your structure.
- Aesthetic appeal: Extruded aluminum profiles have a superior aesthetic appearance that avoids the bulky look of steel. Custom aluminum extrusions also maintain their original appearance from the time of installation throughout the structure’s lifespan, in comparison to steel’s susceptibility to rust and corrosion over time.
To complement our thermally broken, all-aluminum framing system, OpenAire offers a range of options for materials best suited to your waterpark’s features and requirements. Possible materials include:
- Glass: OpenAire enclosures can accommodate a range of glass thicknesses and characteristics according to your design. From basic tinted, to louvered glass, to electrically charged, to stained glass, OpenAire has a glass system for any application.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate panels are virtually unbreakable and guaranteed to retain clarity and resist yellowing. They are more impact resistant than acrylic and glass materials. They also withstand extreme temperature extremes and are ultraviolet (UV) stabilized.
- Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE): ETFE is a lightweight material that can be incorporated into a retractable roof.
- Photovoltaic: Photovoltaic allows for the entry of natural light, while providing both thermal and sound insulation. Photovoltaic also converts solar radiation into direct current electricity, producing clean, free energy through solar power. Maintenance-free aluminum truss structure and a decreased dependence on artificial lighting, dehumidification and air conditioning, OpenAire structures cost less to operate and maintain, offering tremendous long-term value.
Contact us today to find out how you can bring sky into your design.
THE CHALLENGE: The owners of Stock Brook Manor were delighted with the success of their new outdoor pool, but recognized that English weather is fickle and limits outdoor swimming time for guests. Stock Brook decided that enclosing the pool would extend the swim season year – round thereby maximizing their pools potential. They sought to […]
THE CHALLENGE: The existing pool was in a fifty-year-old facility, and was in serious need of an update. It had significant accessibility issues, the locker rooms were run down, and attendance had dropped. It was time for something new. After looking at a number of alternatives, the decision was made to build a brand new […]
THE CHALLENGE: The community center was designed to blend in with its residential neighbourhood. The look was intended to be low key and historically relevant to appease community members concerns about the look of the new center. Yet it had to be open and bright to attract users. OpenAire was selected to provide an operable […]
THE CHALLENGE: Developers of Batumi Plaza, located in the Republic of Georgia, were looking to add a showpiece swimming facility on the roof of their massive six-storey luxury facility. Complete with a high-end shopping mall, a multiplex cinema, restaurants, offices, conference facilities, and a 53-room, 5-star hotel, the rooftop pool of Batumi Plaza needed a […]
OpenAire’s fixed and operable custom retractable roof enclosures are customized to suit any space and any shape, from the simple to the sublime. See “Why OpenAire?”
Commercial Facilities Brochure
The creation of unique and appealing spaces will draw patrons despite what the weather brings. See seven reasons why developers choose OpenAire.
Aqua Vale Swimming & Fitness Centre
– Aylesbury, UK
Jay Peak Resort
– Jay, VT