Health & Sports Clubs stand to benefit tremendously from OpenAire retractable roofs structures and operable skylights. Since so many of these businesses feature pools – or plan to feature pools – a retractable translucent roof that lets in the sunshine can add the “wow” factor that differentiates one facility from the rest.
That “wow” factor can go a long way in both retaining current members and attracting new ones. As one OpenAire client stated, “No other club in our area has a retractable roof system and it’s a completely different experience than a traditional indoor pool, providing us with a distinct competitive advantage.”
Other advantages include:
- Zero maintenance: Unlike steel framing, our maintenance-free, thermally broken aluminum framing system withstands moist, chemical aquatic atmospheres and never needs to be repainted.
- Energy efficiency: OpenAire special extruded thermally broken aluminum profiles reduce heat transfer through the structure. Thermal breaks and vapor barriers also control condensation.
- Lower life cycle costs: With a maintenance-free aluminum truss structure and a decreased dependence on artificial lighting, dehumidification and air conditioning, OpenAire structures cost less to operate and maintain, offering tremendous long-term value.
- Lightweight: Aluminum is much lighter in weight versus steel, which reduces the overall loads on your structure.
- Aesthetic appeal: Extruded aluminum profiles have a superior aesthetic appearance that avoids the bulky look of steel. Custom aluminum extrusions also maintain their original appearance from the time of installation throughout the structure’s lifespan, in comparison to steel’s susceptibility to rust and corrosion over time.
Learn more about how an OpenAire enclosure for your health and fitness club.
THE CHALLENGE: The new Hockessin Athletic Club was developed with a unique concept in mind. The owners wanted to move away from the traditional health club aquatic venue. They wanted something new that would set them apart and offer a real competitive advantage. THE SOLUTION: The 120 ft x 146 ft free-standing OpenAire building features […]
OpenAire’s fixed and operable custom retractable roof enclosures are customized to suit any space and any shape, from the simple to the sublime. See “Why OpenAire?”
Commercial Facilities Brochure
The creation of unique and appealing spaces will draw patrons despite what the weather brings. See seven reasons why developers choose OpenAire.
Aqua Vale Swimming & Fitness Centre
– Aylesbury, UK
Jay Peak Resort
– Jay, VT