We have an immediate need for a CAD Designer to complement our growing team. This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive compensation package, in house training and support, and the opportunity to grow and advance. This position is located in our headquarters in Oakville Ontario.
The key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Working with our Architectural Design and Engineering Team, you will be responsible for the design detailing of high-end, custom, retractable roofing systems and skylights.
- Prepare Project Shop Drawings; produce shop drawings which include plans, elevations, sections, details, and any other job specific items required.
- Material Take-off; determine the amount of aluminum, glass and other associated material required for a specific job and supply detail to purchasing.
- Prepare structurally detailed fabrication and erection drawings using AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Experience using Revit and/or Solid Edge a definite asset.
- Support project Management in terms of Cost estimating, schedules and material supply.
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data and ensure any changes in scope are reported to the Design Manager.
- Solve problems with shop, field and engineering.
- Create fabrication “cut sheets” for manufacturing.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams including construction management, project management, engineering, manufacturing and installation to solve problems with shop, field and engineering.
- Knowledge of AA (Aluminum Assoc.) standards and CWB codes a bonus.
The ideal candidate must have 5+ years of detailer experience within the structural steel or aluminum industry and 3-5 years’ experience using AutoCAD and 3D modeling software. The candidate must have relevant post-secondary education, min 2 year college program preferred.
The candidate must also possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to liaise with customers, architects, general contractors, sales, design, manufacturing and other internal and external teams.
About the Benefits
OpenAire is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
OpenAire will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us a copy of your resume to email@example.com or fax to 905-901-9662.