What’s more romantic than rooftop eating? Rooftop dining with the protection of an open roof when you need it, and access to the stars when you don’t. Restaurant skylights and roofing set the tone for an extraordinary meal. Imagine seeing a full moon during dinner or opening up the roof to let in the evening breeze.
That’s why so many top restaurants have added an OpenAire roof to their dining area. For many venues, enclosing their patio space not only adds an attractive ambiance, it also increases their seating capacity, allowing them to grow revenue all year round. Here are just a few of the benefits our client restaurants enjoy:
1. Climate control: When the weather is cold, diners can still enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, while being protected from the elements. When it’s warm, the roof can open up to let in the breeze. And a retractable roof, by capitalizing on the heat of the sun’s rays or the breeze wafting through the open roof panels, can greatly reduce both heating and cooling costs throughout the facility, typically by 20-30 percent.
2. Natural light and illumination: Incandescent lighting simply isn’t needed when the sun beams in through a translucent or open roof! That’s one more way a retractable roof can very simply reduce both costs and carbon footprints.
3. Keeping dry: Patrons can still enjoy the feeling of being outside, even when it’s raining. A retractable roof with glass or polycarbonate panels lets the natural light in while keep the raindrops out. Optional rain sensors can automatically close roof panels at the first sign of precipitation.
4. Extended business season: By adding a retractable roof to a restaurant patio or deck, seating capacity is increased all year round. A low-maintenance, aluminum retractable roof lets the sunlight in and keeps heating costs down, so the newly expanded restaurant is also cost-effective.
5. Destination appeal: A retractable roof transforms a patio into a year-round destination for diners. Whether patrons seek to meet friends for lunch in the sunshine, happy hour in the open air or watching the snow fall on the roof in February, customers will love feeling as if they’re in the outdoors all year round.
Contact us today to learn about adding a retractable roof to your restaurant!
THE CHALLENGE: Developed by the Cordish Companies, one of the largest and most respected developers in the world, Power Plant Live! is Baltimore’s premiere entertainment complex, hosting over four million visitors a year. The plaza outside the existing venue is already the site of free weekly outdoor summer concerts and Baltimore Ravens events. Cordish developers […]
THE CHALLENGE: Gusto 101, located in Toronto’s trendy Fashion District, was transformed from an abandoned, industrial auto body shop into fashionable Trattoria. OpenAire was approached to build a retractable roof for the stylish patio on the top of the old building. The owners wanted to create a patio with a retractable enclosure that opens up […]
THE CHALLENGE: The St. Louis Cardinals’ organization wanted to create a weatherproof way for their fans to experience their new venue, Ballpark Village, developed by The Cordish Companies. At the center of the new complex is Fox Sports Midwest LIVE!, a 20,000 square foot entertainment marketplace featuring a sports bar, Cardinals Nation, Budweiser Brew House and a huge […]
OpenAire’s fixed and operable custom retractable roof enclosures are customized to suit any space and any shape, from the simple to the sublime. See “Why OpenAire?”
Commercial Facilities Brochure
The creation of unique and appealing spaces will draw patrons despite what the weather brings. See seven reasons why developers choose OpenAire.
Ballpark Village Retractable Roof
– St. Louis MO
Gusto 101 Restaurant
– Toronto, Canada