OpenAire Has Launched Our First Course:
Credit = 1 AIA LU/HSW: 1 GBCI CE Hour
Retractable Roofs: A Sustainable Solution Course Overview:
A common misconception is that retractable roofs are only used for aquatic centers when in fact, the range of applications is far broader. In fact, retractable roofs are an ideal solution for many building types and are a key strategy for creating green buildings, whether new or existing. A retractable roof transforms an indoor space into an outdoor space with the push of a button.
Retractable roofs promote the extensive use of daylighting and natural ventilation. Not only does this save significant amounts of energy, but it also contributes to the health and well-being of building occupants. A well-ventilated space is desirable for reducing the risk of airborne disease transmission. In this time of COVID-19, a retractable roof can help building managers provide spaces that feel healthy and safe.
LIVE Webinar December 8 at 2PM Eastern Standard Time
Course available anytime after the LIVE Webinar concludes
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for Architects who are completing their 2020 accreditation or are starting 2021 courses.
Course begins Dec 8 and runs until Dec 2021
Upon completion, student will be able to:
- Explain what retractable roofs are and enumerate their applications for both new and existing buildings
- Describe how retractable roofs contribute to the health, safety, and well-being of building occupants
- Describe how retractable roofs can save energy through daylighting and reduced reliance on power grids
- Explain how a retractable roof can enable natural ventilation and reliance on mechanical systems plus potentially reduce the load of airborne disease pathogens
- Describe how retractable roofs are sustainable and can reduce the carbon footprint of a building
- Explain how retractable roofs can reduce operational costs of a building