OpenAire is a leading custom designer and manufacturer of retractable roofing and skylight systems for the global marketplace.ur culture is entrepreneurial, fast paced and embraces change. From the first interview, we consider each person's desire and potential to learn, grow and lead.OpenAire offers an inviting work environment, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package.
Our Team is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to complement our Engineering Team. In this role, you will have a tremendous opportunity to be work with our engineering department through continued growth, while maintaining our reputation for excellence in quality and customer service.
Mechanical Engineers at OpenAire provide mechanical analysis, design and design-related services from contract initiation through all phases of design development to final inspection and certification.
- Design, develop and review mechanical systems and processes in conjunction with OpenAire Project designs
- Assist in the development and implementation of new designs, products and process improvements to help increase OpenAire’s profitability and growth
- Performs analysis and design of building mechanical systems (retractable roof enclosures, large span operable and fixed skylights) using applicable building and design codes/standards (US, Canadian, and IBC)
- Provides design sketches and coordinates work with draftspersons and other designers during design development stage
- Responsible for liaison with external consultants and engineering resources, as applicable, for assigned projects
- Prepares technical specifications
- Checks design documents and working drawings
- Contributes to the development of departmental teamwork and efforts to improve efficiency. - Continuous improvement of self and team
- Respect for people with communication, consideration and cooperation
- Responsible for safety, ensure best practices are followed
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Helps to define and align goals with departmental goals
- Ability to immediately step into a supervisory role, or ready to move to the next level in career by transitioning into supervisory responsibilities within 12 months of employment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada (P.Eng.)
- Minimum education requirement - Bachelor of Applied Science degree from Canadian university or foreign equivalent.
- Desired minimum experience of 5 plus years in mechanical design engineering
- Demonstrable engineering and trouble-shooting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and engineering software including AutoCAD + Solid Edge
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- SOFT SKILLS:Exceptional ability to listen, communicate (written and oral) and collaborate.
- Solid verbal, comprehension and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Curious with the desire to understand
- Ability to work in a team or matrix environment.
- Proactive and result oriented.
- Innovative and open to new concepts, proactive and solutions oriented.
- Passionate about continuous improvement; assisting in the growth of the company, increasing efficiency, service and overall productivity.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, fun and professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
OpenAire is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. OpenAire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OpenAire will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us a copy of your resume to email@example.com or fax to (905) 901 9662.